Do you have what it takes to own a business? I'm not talking money or ideas. I'm talking grit and getting your hands dirty. Not sure if you have what it takes? Take my test. Answer yes or no if you agree or disagree with each statement below and see what I have to say at the end.
1. You believe you can balance work with a personal life.
2.'Fake It To You Make It' is the best advice you ever received.
3. You can't wait to be rich, which will be soon since all business owners have tons of money.
4. You can have a day job and run a business at the same time.
5. There is nothing to fear about employing other people. It is great to have people work for you.
6. You're going to be loved by everyone because you have a business and your business will take off right away.
7. You believe a mentor is important.
If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, you don't have what it takes to be a business owner. The above statements are all myths and some of the most popular reasons why businesses fail. Grand ideas, assuming riches will happen overnight, faking knowing how to provide a service or products, etc. are all big red flags in the business world.
Until next time,