Monday, April 14, 2014

Business Lessons – Monday

I wanted to start a weekly ‘Business Lesson’ theme on my blog. You see, I often write about what is either trending or in response to questions I receive on Twitter or via email. Mondays, however, will be dedicated to business lessons I’ve learned in life. Today, I am going to share my first business lesson that is very, very important. What is it? Technology will not kill you.

Ok, it really is ‘Ignoring technology and smartphones’ will not kill your business. People tend to check their email accounts, on average, twice an hour. Why? What happened in the business world before email was invented? Did it cease all together? No! Checking your email, your social media accounts, and the rest of today’s technology actually slows your productivity and creative process down. You become a slave to the power of your smartphone and then you can kill your business. Don’t rely on technology 100% of the time.

Today’s business lessons is to focus on getting things done properly and not quickly. Responding to emails right away is impressive but not the best business practice and will not help you get promoted or more customers. Multi-tasking and technology can be your downfall so remember to slow down!

Until tomorrow,

Twyla N. Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment