Tuesday, December 18, 2012


If you received temporary housing assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and continue to have a housing need, you must fill out an important form for additional short-term rental assistance.

Most people believe one application is the only application. Not true! If you are in the New Jersey area, and you are receiving housing assistance as a result of Hurricane Sandy, there are important things you need to know (and do) to continue receiving assistance.

FEMA mails all applicants who receive temporary rental assistance the “Declaration for Continuing Need for Rental Assistance” form. It reaffirms that applicants have an ongoing need for temporary housing while they search for a permanent place to live. If you have not received this form and you need it, call your local FEMA Office. Need a national number to start? Call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585.

Assistance may be available for up to 18 consecutive months. But, if you have received a grant and it has been 15 + days since the award then you should already have this important form.Applicants who need additional rental assistance must complete the form and mail it back to FEMA at the address printed on the form. So, if you don't have this form, or you have questions, call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or TTY 1-800-462-7585 immediately.

Know someone who will benefit from this information? Please share the phone numbers and this blog. Also, people are free to contact me with any questions. I don't work for FEMA but I do own a homeland security company. I can help get you pointed in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment