Thursday, October 31, 2013

Creative Business Myths

Happy Halloween! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. While on the subject of tricks and treats, I thought I would share some insight about tricks or myths in business. Many business owners have to be creative to solve specific challenges not taught in school. But creativity isn't always easy to come across. We all have bad days, right?! I've heard people speak, throughout the years, pertaining to overcoming writer's blog, creative problem solving, etc. There are a lot of myths out there. Like the Ghostbusters, I'm here to help you decipher what advise is the wrong advise!

1. Most great ideas don't appear in thin air or with some magical sequence of events. You usually have to come up with many bad ideas before striking gold.

2. Creativity is not genetic. I can't say this enough. Think about how many singers have children who can't sing. I won't mention Miley Cyrus here. Don't rely on genetics to get you by or solve future issues.

3. You don't have to be weird or the lone wolf. Creativity doesn't mean you're unpopular, just look at Lady Gaga. You don't have to suffer to be brilliant. In other words- stop trying to hard and let your own, natural creativity pop!

Until next time,

Twyla

No comments:

Post a Comment