Monday, September 30, 2013

Be Willing to Hear the Truth!

I spent the weekend reflecting on how my business has grown. I am in the middle of writing my personal story. A lot of reflection went on in my home this past Saturday and Sunday as a result. While looking back, I realized a major lesson in life and in business- you have to be willing to hear the truth in order to expand. I know many great people who owned failing businesses. Why? Well, they all had one thing in common when running their former companies- the inability to listen to the truth.

You may not like what you hear, but I promise you will learn something from it. In order to hear the truth, you need to surround yourself with people willing to tell you the truth. People see money and often forget to say what is really on their mind. Isn't that convenient! They are usually afraid to speak up out of fear of losing a paycheck or cutting of the gravy train. You don't need these types of people around you. They will sink you and then swim away.

Find people who are honest. People who can contribute constructive criticism to your life and business. Cherish them and don't be easily offended. The most valuable thing someone can do for you in life, and in business, is bring you down to reality.

Twyla Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment