Monday, September 9, 2013

NO!

Here is a word most people don't know how to say "no"- that's right, "no!" Most business owners think turning down business or saying no to anything will kill their companies. Actually, saying no can help grow your business. Always saying yes can make you grow too fast too soon. Always saying yes might mean you're taking on tasks you know you can't complete- this leads to unhappy customers. Don't be a people pleaser, be someone who is honest and able to control his or her situation.

Anytime I am about to purchase something I monitor how many times the sales person can debunk my doubt with a "yes I can" or "we can do this for you"- doing everything to not turn my business away. I can count, however, the number of times the "yes" turned into disappointment. If someone said no in this situation, I would have respected him or her more. My point is that you shouldn't be telling people yes all of the time. Don't be afraid to say no. No can help your company. No sets boundries. No allows you to sell extra features for additional profit- not as favors. No allows your schedule to be respected.

Today, as Monday comes to a close, try practicing saying the word "no" and Tweet me with your results!

Twyla Garrett.

No comments:

Post a Comment