Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Best Business Habit to Have!

I recently met a woman who wouldn't tell me how she failed in business. She insisted everything was perfect. I insisted she was wrong and did a little digging. My results? The woman had failed in business several times- which is to be expected, not something to be ashamed of.

I couldn't figure our why she tried to hide her business failures. Everyone in business has failed at one time or another. In fact, business leaders don't even refer to these events as failures anymore, rather they are called learning experiences. The best business habit someone can have is to flaunt a failure, not try to hide it. Here's why;

There are two types of people in this world. The kind who accept failure as a signal to give up and the kind who will not accept failure as their destiny. Giving up distinguishes wanna-be business men and women from true go-getters. Flaunting your failures and showing how you rebooted and had the umph to go at it again really is a character attribute. Hiding your failures, or lying about them (as in the woman's case) also tells a lot about who you are. So, which side of the fence would you want to be on?

I'm going to develop a series of books dedicated to this topic. In the meantime, connect with me on Twitter and let's discuss your failures and how you overcame them!

Twyla

No comments:

Post a Comment