Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sir Richard Branson.... one of my heroes.

I have many heroes. So many peopled helped me on my journey this far- both professionally and personally. One person, who I haven't met, that really inspires me is Sir Richard Branson. I recently watched a video of him. He stated many would-be business owners suffer from "analysis paralysis". He is so right. I consult with many business men and women. I talk with people who have great ideas and they never get them off the ground. They are so busy analyzing what could happen that they fail to attempt to make anything happen. Don't let this be you!

It is always good to assess risk. Heck, I do this for a living. But there comes a point where you have to just go for it. Richard Branson started Virgin with $200 invested in the concept. Talk about just going for it. He had every reason to fail, but didn't. Why? He went for it. He had the passion to ignore what could happen and just made it happen. We need more business people who overlook the odds and invest in their passion, not the data!

I'm not saying failure can't or won't happen. Even I have had to shut down businesses. You move forward. You keep going. You don't stop or talk yourself out of starting anything. You have to be a man or woman of action or you will never know the taste of success.

Twyla

No comments:

Post a Comment