Thursday, January 9, 2014

3 Ways to Be Productive in the Morning.

Some people get more work done at night. Others love to knock out their workload in the morning. If you’re like me, working late into the evening is worth sleeping in. And, if you’re like me, you don’t always get to sleep in!

So, how do you maximize the most of your a.m. time? I’ve come up with three solid tips that truly help me and should help you.

#1. Think about your day before you start it. Easier said than done with all the social media and email distractions, right?! I found if I break my day into three sections (big projects, email and phone calls, light work) throughout the day (morning, noon, evening), that the pressure of having to do everything all at once goes away and my mornings are easier.

#2. Don’t review your email before noon. As stated above, you should section out your day. If you open emails before noon, any big projects you have to work on could get bumped because someone wrote an email that sounded urgent. If someone has an urgent project, they will call you if an email isn’t responded to quickly enough. Otherwise, put email on the back burner until the afternoon.

#3. Check the temperature of your work environment. That’s right, if your workspace is too hot in the morning (or any time for that matter), productivity will suffer. Make sure your office isn’t too cold or too hot.

Well, that’s it for my tips. Connect with me on social media and let’s discuss if , after implementing these tips, your mornings are more organized.

Until next time,

Twyla

No comments:

Post a Comment