Thursday, March 13, 2014

Getting People to Perform.

Everyone things business is all rainbows and unicorns when you are the owner. Well, it is exactly the opposite. Let me explain something, getting people to work for you – I mean really perform- is really, really, really hard!

I developed a few strategies over the past few years to promote productivity within my employees. For instance, I start laying out expectations the minute someone signs up with my company. If someone fails to meet these expectations at any point during their employment- they are out. Done.

I also try to promote teamwork by having my employee review our mission statement and see if it could be made better. I strive for growth and having new employees assess old mission statements offers me a fresh perspective and gives the employee a sense of ownership- which increase productivity.

There is no ‘key’ to productivity and performance. I wish I had one. However, being clear about expectations and how you will measure performance is a great way to start. Including your employee in growth plans, such as mission statement reviews, will also help.

Until next time,

Twyla N. Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment