Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Managing People with Personality Differences.

You are going to work with people you dislike. You may have paying clients you dislike. You have hire a qualified employee whom you dislike. It’s business, you’re going to have to deal with these situations. So, how do you?

You should first decide exactly what it is about the person you dislike. If it is a personal matter, you can’t take action. For example, if the co-worker in the next cubicle over sounds like your annoying sister-in-law, it isn’t her fault and you can’t take the association out on her. This said, if she is purposely under minding you professionally, then you need to address the issue with the employee and the proper resources.

Consider the good in everyone. This is hard but I do this all the time. I know I have negative traits, we all do. I would be horrified is someone only judged me on the negative without considering all the positives I offer. So, look for the good traits in each person and focus on them.

I don’t have a one-size-fits-all solution for this problem. However, I do know perspective is everything.

Until tomorrow,

Twyla Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment