To have great marketing, the following are Must-Haves.
1. Hire a great blogger and press release writer. Publish and publish often.
2. Buy PPC advertisement on Google, Facebook and LinkedIn.
3. Airbrush your business’ logo on your car (or get one of those nifty magnets!)
4. Have a company video on a video-sharing website, such as YouTube or Vimeo.
5. Sponsor events/local sports teams.
6. Strive to achieve omnipresence on the Internet (search results, networking sites, Q/A sites, etc…)
7. Utilize your vendors, existing clients and friends for referrals.
8. Draw attention to testimonials and positive feedback on sites, such as Yelp.com and AngiesList.com, etc…
9. Send birthday/holiday cards to existing and potential clients.
10. Have a mobile application.
All these "Must Haves" will help you design a marketing plan to better place your business. However, you have to be diligent. Keep with this list and expand upon it. Nothing works more than repetitive messaging!